Author: Levity Crop Science

Levity Expands its Office Space

Levity is pleased to announce it is again expanding its facilities at Myerscough College, doubling it’s office space. Levity’s Anna Weston said “since we first relocated to the Rural Business Centre at Myerscough in 2013 we have not looked back. Our staff levels have doubled this year as part of our planned expansion and we have now taken more space here to fit everyone in” adding “we are also in the process of investing further in our glasshouse facilities at the site, installing new lighting and irrigation equipment”. Myerscough College has been teaching Agriculture since the 19th century and...

Read More

New Directors at Growing Firm (Lancashire Evening Post)

Levity Cropscience, a Preston-based R&D company specialising in sustainable agricultural products, has secured a six-figure equity investment from two high-profile backers with managing director David Marks telling Insider that the deal “gives us the finance and experience to get things off the ground”. The company has been boosted by an investment from Mike Peters and Mick Weston for a combined six-figure sum. A 30 per cent stake in the business has been sold to the pair while the remaining 70 per cent remains in family hands. Peters and Weston are also both joining the company’s board. The money will be used...

Read More

New Levity Potato Product Gives 6MT/ha Yield Increase

The results from last years Dutch field trials are now in and Levity’s LiNk/LimiN based TouCaN formulation showed up really well. Levity MD David Marks said “The trial plot generated interest all the way through the season, as the effects were so obvious. The plants were noticeably more green and you could easily pick out the Levity treated plots as green squares just by looking at the field” he added “this was also reflected in the NDVI scan data where the Levity treatments showed far better plant health than any other treatment.” David added “of course what really counted...

Read More

Levity Announce Major Private Equity Investment

Levity is pleased to announce that we have completed a private equity investment deal that will bring significant finance and skills as we enter a period of rapid growth as a business. Two new directors will be joining the board, alongside founders David Marks and Anna Weston who still retain a controlling interest in Levity. Mike Peters MBE joins Levity as Commercial Director.   Mike, who was awarded an MBE in 2013 for services to Northwest industry, has a strong track record in the chemical manufacturing industry. At UPL Mike built a £38,000,000 turnover company with a staff of 250....

Read More

Levity Recruit Product Development Manager

Levity is pleased to announce that Steve Houghton has joined the company as Product Development Manager. Steve has over 20 years experience in product development gained in the Fertiliser, Agchem and Pharmaceutical industries, and will be an important part of Levity’s rapidly expanding research and development team. Levity MD David Marks said “I am delighted that Steve has joined Levity, his experience will be a real asset as we begin to roll out products from our exciting research programme. I have known Steve for 20 years, and we have worked together before which means he can hit the ground...

Read More

Full House at SSCR Soft Fruit Meeting

Levity MD David Marks delivered a lecture on ‘New Developments in Crop Nutrition’ to a packed audience at the Scottish Society for Crop Research’s Soft Fruit Meeting. The event, held every two years, gathers together soft fruit growers from Scotland and the rest of the UK to present the latest developments in research and development in the industry. Levity in partnership with Omex Agriculture, presented work on how Calmax Ultra (made using Levity’s unique LoCal chemistry) can get calcium into the parts of strawberries that conventional fertilisers can’t reach. The full presentation will be available on the SSCR website....

Read More

Galling prospect of club root; CPM Article

Club root is a devastating soil-borne disease of oilseed rape that may be on the rise in UK crops. CPM reports. We’ve never had noticeable club root before on the farm but it must have already been there. By Lucy de la Pasture Plasmodiophora brassicae or club root – it’s a disease southern arable growers have seen in text books and one that strikes fear in the hearts of veggie growers, but for the vast majority it’s not a disease they’d be looking out for. That may be all about to change after problems with club root infection appeared...

Read More

Subscribe

Recent Tweets

Recent Videos

Loading...

Pin It on Pinterest